Re: Powering Points

Perry A Pollino

Folks
Thanks for the replies.
I thought I would follow up and let you know what I discovered. The turnouts I powered in my first power district, were also the first turnouts I installed. In doing so I had not upgraded the piano wire driving the switch points. Although it was only put through 1/2 inch of plywood and 1/4 inch of foam plus cork roadbed it was not putting enough pressure on the points. Cleaning the points and changing that wire seems to have remedied the problem of making good contact. Time will tell. I am not sure what will happen with the 1/2 dozen or so remote machines I have in place. I will find out as I power those districts.
Perry