Re: Disrict Buss

Carl

Hi:

I have 10 districts powered by 6 Digitrax boosters. They didn't play nice until I totally isolated each district. I don't know what is "code" but this has worked for me. Plus the totally isolated districts make trouble shooting easier. Plus all lines to the rails are protected by circuit breakers, that do trip when needed.

Carl.

On 12/2/2019 7:06 PM, ewoodley@... wrote:
I am breaking my layout into two districts.
There is two question that actually never gets answered or if it does they don't use my lingo, or it just flies over my pee wee brain. Here goes the question. If you break your layout into districts do you need to run a separate buss wire for that district?

I am using a NCE starter set with the power cab. It puts out two amps max. However there is only one slot to tie in your buss wire. So the second question would be (if the answer is yes, you need another buss for another district) where does the other buss wire get tied inn.

My layout is a 10 x 10 with hopes to increase the size. At this point only running two locomotives.