Re: DCC/DC and Dual Frof Juicer as Auto Reverser.

Greg Harter

Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2019 09:28:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Allan Gartner's Wiring for DCC Question and Answer Forum - Digest #272
I think there is a simpler solution to this (potential) problem.  install a
DC/DCC detector in the power to the crossover turnouts.  When the current
on both (mainlines?  Whatever!!) matches, the turnouts operate.  If the
current is different, they won't.  These detectors work on a single track
also.  Just put a 2' section of track between the two that can have DC or
DCC, and the track goes dead if the current sources don't match.  We have
been using these detectors on our large HO club layout for 8 years + with
no problems.  The two guys who designed and constructed these detectors are
both gone, but we have the wiring diagrams and component lists to make
them.  Circuit board is about 4" x 6".   Not hard to do.  We did a clinic
on these at the Indy NMRA show in 2016.  If you'd like more info, or to see
a photo or diagram, just ask!
Greg Harter--Columbus Area Railroad Club, Columbus, Indiana