Re: MT N scale motor brush cap soldering

Perry A Pollino

Yes i am using default address of 03. I removed the decoder and put it on an ESU decoder tester and nothing there either. So a bad decoder I suppose.  Working on getting warranty waiting to here back from seller. ESU said I need to work through them.
I am working in N scale I tried to clip the contact clips from the board after modifying the board did not work. They did not seem to make good contact.and I was worried about risk of shorting to the frame.
The plug on the new ESU V 5 makes it a bit thicker that the V4. unfortunatly this is y first install and I do not have a v 4 to

On Monday, November 25, 2019, 10:26:54 PM CST, Don Batman <donbatman1952@...> wrote:

are you using 003 as loco address? This is usually default address for
new decoders.
If the motor cap is broken - only motor should be affected. Light and
sound should still work.
proper way to solder motor wires is to leave a little bit of the
terminal sticking off of the actual top cap and solder to that bit and
not directly to the brush cap.
May be easier to get new motor than repair the one you have.