Re: wire strippers

Carl

Hi Gang:

Why strip the wires at all? You could use Insulation Displacement Connectors ( Suitcase Connectors ) or Insulation Displacement Screw Terminals:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Insulation-Displacement-Screw-Terminals/

I've wire a whole layout with these and they were great to work with. NMRA hosted a clinic on these at the Salt Lake City Convention last summer.

Best wishes, Carl.

On 11/23/2019 8:56 AM, wirefordcc wrote:
Hi Greg,

The wire stripper I show on my website at the link below will strip a wire in the middle of it.

http://www.wiringfordcc.com/track_2.htm#a26

I use it to expose wire in the middle of a bus run.  Obviously, in the middle, you can't remove the insulation.  It cuts the insulation and pushes it to one side.

Allan Gartner
Wiring for DCC