Re: Walthers lighted passenger cars

Jerry Michels

Hi Carl,

Our club is running two-rail HO scale.  Each truck picks up power from the rails.  I am not sure of the circuitry, but all four of the right-hand wheels pick up power as do the left-hand wheels.  Our blocks are in phase with each other, so call this polarity.  This is a DCC system.  In our case, the passenger train is not long enough to reach 3 blocks.  Our problem is that when the lighted cars cross from one block to another, they short.  I like the idea of a diode, I suppose the first thing to do is open one of these cars up and look at the circuit.

Jerry Michels