Protecting bus to feeder connections

Greg Smith

Edited

I am new to DCC, although I have been accumulating 'stuff' for 20 years - HO scale, so I have lots of questions, most pretty basic.  Since the bus to feeder connection is a 'T' and precludes the use of shrink tubing, is liquid electrical tape appropriate for this use?  Do most of you use some form of protection for this solder junction?

I am using solid 14 AWG for the main power bus and solid 18 AWG for the feeders.  I am using the 14 solid wire from Romex because I have several hundred feet left over from when I wired my equipment building/shop.