Re: Computer Power Supply and Turnout Problems

Puckdropper

Do you have a spare computer drive anywhere? For this test, you can even borrow one from a working system--you just need it for a few minutes. Just plug a drive in to one of the power cables and see if it helps.

Puckdropper

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 06:56 PM, Wayne Swearingen wrote:

Mike,
I had read on that which is why I went the route of a pre-made device. With
the home-built custom job computer power supplies I had seen where they say to
put a phantom load. I assumed I was getting away from that with a pre-made
device, How do you suppose one would go about testing that?

Wayne