Re: DCC Bus distribution and snubbers question

Blair & Rasa

Dale,
If the snubber fixed it, why then add the booster?  Were you also facing a load problem (i.e. too many locos/lighted cars/accessories)?

On 2019-09-22 10:15, Dale Gloer wrote:
I had success using a snubber on one occasion.  When I started building my layout I had a DCC bus length approaching 120 feet in length.  The bus was 14 gauge solid copper wire (stripped out of Loomex).  Near the end of the bus I had control problem with some decoders.  Installing a snubber at the end solved the control problems but the permanent fix was to divide the bus up and provide another booster in the middle of two sections of the bus.

Dale Gloer