Re: DCC Bus distribution and snubbers question

dcesharkman

The snubbers are only anectoatal solutions based on many factors. Mostly parasitic reactance from using too large of a bus wire over an extended distance. The best advice is to use the smaller gauge with higher quality oxygen free copper. It is a little more expensive but with going to a smaller gauge, it is not quite so bad.

I am in N Scale and I have used 16 gauge wire for my DCC buss to over 50 feet with no signal degradation. My voltage drop over the distance was less than .5 volts. So it is more about using quality materials and you do not have to worry about snubbers and other wild solutions.

Respectfully,