Re: insulfrog or electrofrog ?

PennsyNut

This is IMHO only. If you are doing a small layout where the turnouts are accessible, use Insulfrogs. I have a small layout and use code 83 Insulfrogs. All track is caulked down except the turnouts. All turnouts are easily removed. No wiring whatsoever/use hand throws. But:if a layout is larger, and you use motors on turnouts, and/or lighting, etc. to show position; then you already have wiring to do. In that case, the Electrofrogs might be best. In my case, simplicity is/was foremost. And, should it be necessary for me to replace the turnouts, each and everyone is removable for whatever reason. Of course, that involves expense and time consuming work. But for now, I have no problems and believe that I will not have any in the future. (No short wheelbase locos. BLI for steam, and a few other brand diesels. None of which have problems with Insulfrogs.
--
Morgan Bilbo, new to DCC