Re: insulfrog or electrofrog ?

Doug Wagner

If we spend a lot of time looking for dead spots on our railroads, why do we intentionally install them on our layouts, then? Askin' for a friend....LOL

Doug Wagner
Bakersfield, California

In a message dated 09/19/19 13:30:55 Pacific Standard Time, snboy2001@... writes:

Having used both, I strongly believe in powering the frogs, as I have on my home layout. Its not hard. With Tortoise machines, there are contacts to do that. With Switchmasters (which I use) there is a microswitch available.  And if the control is near the switch, just use a DPDT to change to polarity of the frog when you throw the switch.  In case it matters, I'm in O scale.

John Bishop

On Thursday, September 19, 2019, 12:41:52 PM PDT, Keith Elrod <elrodk73@...> wrote:

I use Insulfrogs and have never had a problem.
Keith

On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 1:58 PM Jennifer Lobo via Groups.Io <jenngeoff2003=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I agree with Denny. I have just laid track and points on a new OO gauge  layout...it is all Peco Streamline SL-100 Electrofrog. Yes, the wiring is more complicated but the locos run beautifully.

Regards

Geoff Clarke

On Thursday, September 19, 2019, 8:30:39 a.m. EDT, Denny Anspach <danspachmd@...> wrote:

If one subscribes to DCC Best Practice of leaving no track or rail segment unpowered (I have, and I do), then Electrofrog is your choice. You will never, ever regret it

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA