Re: Electro frog not modifying for dcc

rsauerbrun

Hi Richard,

Yes, our club uses our Peco Electrofrogs right out of the box on our large DCC layout. In the past, we tried several of the "recommended" modifications to Peco's design, but found that these actually made successful use of the turnout more difficult. In the end, we trusted the Peco engineers more than all the folks that think they have "improvements".

That being said, it is very important that you wire the frog properly. We have found that relying on the points to provide the necessary power to all rails works consistently (power routing). Once they get a little dirty, the locos start stalling.

Another Richard