Re: Controlling power (0n/Off) in Staging Yard Tracks

george hohon3

Gary, you hit the nail on the head with this comment,  "Is this a small, one operator layout?"  The answer to your question is "Yes" . . . . that's exactly what it is.

George

From: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io> on behalf of Gary Chudzinski <chudgr@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:27 AM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Controlling power (0n/Off) in Staging Yard Tracks

Excuse my ignorance, but I'm finding it difficult to understand why one would prefer to use a rotary switch vs toggle switches besides fascia space.  Unless I'm missing something, a rotary switch would allow power to only one staging track at a time.  Is this a small, one operator layout?  Eight to ten mini switches can be compacted in a relatively small space extended below a fascia.  I can understand using a rotary switch in a roundhouse.
Gary Chudzinsk