Re: Peco SL-99 3 Way Turnout

Nick Ostrosky

I have two of these as well but not in a reversing loop.  You are correct that Peco recommends insulating the four inside legs, which I did, and have experienced no problems in operation.  I would think this would hold true regardless of the reversing section because of left/right rail issues and how Peco recommends wiring the turnout to power those rails.  As to simply cutting gaps, yes, you could, but that could invite arcing, alignment, or other issues that may be less than optimal.  Nick your nearby neighbor in Kalamazoo, MI