Reverse Loop Question

Wayne Swearingen

Looking at the photo's there should almost be a groups page dedicated to reverse loops!

We're in the process of converting to DCC and in deliberations on how best to wire/block the loops we have. There is only one mainline running around the loop but there are staging tracks off of it. I was planning to detect occupancy on the mainline but not the staging. If we do detect staging the BDL168 will work with one zone-section setup for auto reverse, I'll have three sets of tracks to detect and the fourth can just die or possibly be used elsewhere within the loop if need be, may splitting the mainline into two detected zones. If we just do the mainline I'll need to purchase a BXPA1 unit to detect it as one.

What do the experts here say as far as gapping & setting up the reverse loop?

https://groups.io/g/w4dccqa/album?id=92512