Re: Power Boosters

Mark Gurries

On Jun 12, 2019, at 5:35 PM, obeeone@... wrote:

Can anyone help me with this question? I'm re-entering the train scene but I'm asking if I am able to "mix-n-match" brands of power boosters. In other words, say I have an NCE DCC system. Can I add a Bachmann or Digitrax or any other brand as a power booster, or must the power booster be of the same brand system? Can I mix them? Thanx.

Simple Answer: They are not designed to be mixed.  There was no DCC standard covering booster compatibility when the standards were developed.  Although there is a standard today, it is to little to late.

It is possible to mix them.  Some, but is gets complicated, special wiring, rules, not supported by manufactures and your on your own for any consequences.

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer