Re: Current through the soldering iron tip

Greg Smith

Thank you for the info.  Still, I will test it the next time I fire it up.  Has generated some conversation on the forum.  My shop, wired by myself, does have a separate ground wire and all receptacles are new three prong plugs.  So that should not be an issue.

From: Denny Anspach
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:31 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] Current through the soldering iron tip

ESD SAFE reportedly is the sign that the iron is grounded and labeled to be safe for CMOS and similar electronic work. My current Weller is so labeled, and apparently it is the same iron also  commonly used in the nearby gigantic Intel   plant (California location).

Denny

Denny S. Anspach MD
Okoboji, IA

Denny S. Anspach MD