Betwixt and Between Layout - I have seen the Elephant

Mark Cartwright

Hello all...
I uploaded my Combination Layouts which together I have named the Betwixt And Between for I am also in an attempt to join them, using two Lionel Bascule Bridges, re-detailed to N Scale.
The Twin Bridges I have named the 23 Skidoo Street Bridge, as each one is approximately 23 inches long (and as it is an exit to two layouts which join together)
23 skidoo (sometimes 23 skiddoo) is an American slang phrase popularized during the early 20th century. It generally refers to leaving quickly, being forced to leave quickly by someone else, or taking advantage of a propitious opportunity to leave, that is, "getting [out] while the getting's good."
====
No, I am not sure how to wire them for DCC...???

Probably two simple Districts, joined at the operating twin Bridges which do lower and raise.

Getting them to line up however...?
Well, I m working on it by adding a second motor/drive gear assembly to each bridge.
====
The wire for now is 12 Gauge Copper Stranded, twisted by me of two separate wires to match Kato Color Coding.
White with a Blue Spiral / Blue with a White Spiral.
The Stockton N Articulated Freight and Urban (SNAFU aka SNAP-Fooey) is being constructed with Soldered Kato Unitrack to 30" Long Sections, each section has a soldered in drop down lead to the main buss line.
====
The Freight Urban Basic Articulated Railway (FUBAR) is beyond the recognition of most N Scalers as for how it only has in it's design two #9 or larger turnouts (Maybe as large as #15's) as its not based on any recognizable layout design... Except in Feet rather than Inches. Instead of a N Scale Layout of 25 x 35 inches, this one is to fit in a space of 25 x 35 feet; where many an O Scaler would set a layout
> . I spent 10 years in an attempt to create a 30/40+ x 50/60+ inch Coffee Table Layout, based on a John Armstrong Design #209
He may have been a hell of an O Scaler but as for N Scale ?
Those things equal to themselves and to each other.... Euclid.
His Layout did NOT work for Passenger Service, even the venerable Con Cor Kato PA-1's.
His Design ? with a lot of tweaking And Re-Design could I get it to work for two axle switchers.
Then I began again and yet again...
Two years ago....I bought yet again another Failed Layout for $300 which had receipts totally over $3000. And in the box....The old N Scale Layout Design book from 1971 with Design #209 clearly dog eared and marked.
=======
Then nearly to that same time....
My last layout would NOT work for Long (Articulated) Steam Locomotives.
=======
So..excuse the Rebellion but these new to me layouts are not based on ....
Recognizable Attributes or Specifications of the many or any Model Railroad Groups, Societies, Associations or Clubs.
They are beyond the recognition and mindset of most model railroaders of today.
=====
1959?
My first successful layout was at the age of 6 years old...Cause I had the help of a Western Pacific Brakeman. My parents, my Father a Longshoreman, also had many friends who were employed by the Southern Pacific or Santa Fe. They would make their Martini's and come down to the basement to watch my Trains Run. This was an HO Scale Layout on a 5x9 Table. After Drinks...they together would lift my Layout to expose the Ping Pong Table below. That layout was moved in 1963, (to a dusty bat ridden garage) and I can't rightfully say I have had a 100% Successful Layout since.
===========
Voltage?
I am no sure...The ESU ECoS is adjustable upwards of 21 volts.
The Distance of the overall track? > Hundreds of feet.
Amperage ?
Again I do not know.
The ESU ECoS as I have come to believe begins at 5 amps but is highly adjustable with boosters and even augmented Other DCC Systems. So a District can be individually powered and Controlled? Again I am not 100% sure
====
With each Bridge Raised...
Can I control each District (FUBAR/SNAFU) Separately with two separate ESU ECoS Main Controllers or two lesser controllers such as a Dynamis and Navigator and leave overall command to the Color ECoS ?
Though I have Two Digitrax Systems and Two MRC DCC Controllers, I do not plan on using either one. I am also standardizing all my DCC Decoders with a Zero Tolerance Play Well Together (with ECoS) or Get Expelled from School addendum to my layout.
(Yes, I have been a Teacher in these modern days.)
So.....
> I no longer care to invite anyone who may have their own MRC or Digitrax Hand Held to my layout.
Instead I will be writing in the controls from he ESU Navigator and Bachmann Dynamis eventually via the ESU Sniffer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psq_klf0kBo
I also own two ESU ECoS..one Color and One Black and White.
Using them for now as separate controllers as I construct each layout towards the 23 Skidoo Street Bridge.
When the Twin Bridges are lowered....?
I may not need for them to connect; but rather have the bridge shunted. as a Betwixt and Between in an Active Y circuit.
I may need to refer to my Electrical Engineering friends in Aeronautics for this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topology_(electrical_circuits)
===========
There are many more ...
Basically articulated but beyond the recognition of most model railroaders concepts/issues withe this combined layout.
However...I have been wanting to run a Cab Forwards on My Layout since 1955, when I was 2 years old.
Yes, I have seen the Elephant.
I am going to recreate that memory in N Scale.
I plan on detailing one of my Nakamura's with not only DCC and Sound but also with smoke and steam; yet successfully run it upon my layout without a
Glitch, Bitch,  or Ditch...
(I nearly went HO when I bought such a model in BLI - but I don't have the room for an HO Scale Twin Bascule Bridge.)
No Decoder Resets, No stalling or having to crawl upon the table to push my trains along and NEVER have it Derail.
:)) Mark

You are never given a wish without the power to also make it true...You may have to work for it however.
== Book of Illusions/Messiah's Handbook - Richard Bach

PS....Lighted Fire Box too with a light which flickers. I have a reworked Bachmann which has one now.
I am bona fide... I got hit by a train
http://explore.museumca.org/goldrush/fever11.html
I don't care for I have seen a Cab Forwards in operation.