Not planning on a Reversing Triangle on my next Layout.

Mark Cartwright

Scroll down to the Application 2 Example.
https://dccwiki.com/Reverse_Sections

I installed such a Wye with an Auto Reverser on my last modular layout with sections of Kato Unitrack, so it was easily segmented with appropriate (or so I thought) insulated gaps.
The purpose of the WYE was not to simply turn around but to travel down a slope to a Round Table and Roundhouse.
Then upon a locomotives exit could travel in either direction to the main lines of my layout.
In keeping with our Jeopardy Theme here of asking question for answers...
WYE did it work ...and then Didn't ?
====
It worked for my many diesels but for nearly none of my steam locomotives.
:)) Mark