Re: Older Shinohara Turnout Confusion

Rick Beatty

I built my layout about 20 years ago and used mainly Peco electrofrog turnouts.   They were all modified to make them DCC friendly.  There was one section where I put a Shinohara turnout on the mainline to go into an industrial siding. I designed it to use another Shinohara turnout to create two tracks and bought them, but only used the one on the mainline that goes to nowhere.

I am finally getting around to finishing that section and needed to bone up on how to wire and modify the turnouts. The scene is a steel mill high line and I will just back ore cars onto it.  The locomotives won’t go past the first turnout.

I am inclined to roll the dice but wanted to ask for opinions first.