Re: DCC Meters

Carl

Hi Gang:

When I worked, I was a tool maker and a gage designer. When I designed a gage, getting the measurement right was important, similar to knowing your true DCC voltage. As a tool maker doing setups knowing my vise was straight was important to a certain tolerance, but this was a comparative measurement. So on a train layout knowing if the DCC voltage drops is what you are looking for, not the exact value. If it drops you can search for the problem. Similar to the engine temperature gage in your car, seldom are values shown, just too hot and too cold.

Carl.