Re: going from bachmann to Hell and Back.

Puckdropper

How does Bachmann keep going? From the standpoint of a guy who fixes trains:
* Parts are often available and available through their website.
* Absolutely fantastic support. Laura Harris understands your questions, reads your whole email, and replies within a few days.
* Fantastic parts department. I had a question that fit in both the parts and customer service domains, emailed parts first and they answered their part and forwarded the email to customer service so they could address it.
* Their locomotives usually run decent. You're not going to get Kato performance in every box, but you'll get something that runs every time.
* Best warranty / Service plan in the business, short of "We'll just fix it.". $25 will get even an old locomotove repaired or replaced. (See website for details.)

I'm not affiliated with Bachmann, just an extremely satisfied customer.

Puckdropper