Re: DCC Meters

Richard Gagnon

I compared with two Scopes. Did the math to convert P to P to RMS. This is model rail roading not rocket science.
I also have a digital scope that shows RMS also. I rarely mention it because of the naysayers.
Another forum some have simuilar results with the HF meter.
I have worked with different meters for forty years.

Rich

On Saturday, April 27, 2019, 12:52 PM, Jay <jayfmn@q.com> wrote:

A regular VOM will not give an accurate reading.
With a VOM, you have to use the AC setting.
The DCC signal is read as AC by the meter.
It is an approximation that can be as far as 5v off, depending on the quality of the VOM
Another method is needed to get the correct voltage, hence this thread.

Jay