Re: DCC Meters

PennsyNut

Oh my gosh! If it's "low cost", why not go to Harbor Freight. They have meters for free with a purchase of something. The free meters do what we need. Not specific to DCC, but we can utilize them to read DC volts and AC volts. And the main thing is consistency. I hook the command station to the middle of the layout and measure both AC and DC voltage at each end. And if the readings are equal at each end, you have consistency. And you can also measure continuity of current, as well as the resistance. What you sacrifice is the accuracy of the more expensive meters. If you want more, you pay more. But what's not to like about free? I have 3 of them. And even though they may not read all the same, it's that consistency that counts. IMHO.
Morgan Bilbo, new to DCC