Re: DCC Meters

Charles Brumbelow

Am I correct that the electricity on the track in a DCC only layout is actually AC? If so you would need an AC meter. I believe measuring amperage requires a shunt. In some situations the shunt is internal and not noticed. In others it is external.

Charles

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019, 12:10 PM, Mike Smeltzer via Groups.Io <SooBaldwin@...> wrote:

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if there was a way to adapt or modify this type of meter to use with DCC?  I know there is the DCC Specialties  RRamp Meter out there, but wondering if there was a way to use something like this instead?  This photo was taken off a listing on Amazon.

Thank you...

MIke Smeltzer