Re: Cleaners & Lubricants

Mark Cartwright <marcdecapri@...>

Jerry,
Besides mouse droppings and their pee (which has it's own acid) ....
Has anyone mentioned Never Dull, Brasso, WD-40, Tarn X, Borax, Pine Sol, Pine Oil (Hexol ), Easy Off, Sheila Shine Low, Bar Keeper's Friend, Glycolic or Salicylic Acid, Vinegar *white of course, and Brandy...Maybe Vodka ? ...  and the ever favorite pumice or ground sea-shells into s sort of toothpaste...
Oh and  yes Tooth Paste Too.
======
With all of the above said...I am still a believer in basically vacuuming and leaving it alone; by not letting it get dirty in the first place (HVAC Clean Filters).
I also tend to under lubricate my locomotives so that additional grease/oil does not make it's way down to the track.
======
However...
Between the non soldered joints, and snap connections, I am about to try this stuff.
https://www.sanchem.com/electrical-contact-lubricant.html

but I am not convinced yet to put anything on my tracks.
> Some No Ox Id...may slip up between the joints and be carried along throughout my N Scale Trackage.
I will give it a try.
A toothpick size dab between the rails every 30-36 inches.... Cause Ken suggested it.
:)) Mark

I am stalling...
> I am about to don Cover Alls once again and crawl under my house. (very dirty - near claustrophobic experience)
I have been installing, while allowing the Sun to warm up the Day.
What I thought was to be a simple installation of a Walk In Tub has gone on for the past 3 months.....as I keep telling myself.
I am almost finished ...Just one more day.
When I come up from there...I am gonna need a Cleaner and a Lubricant.