Re: Cleaners & Lubricants

Carl

Hi Gang:

My problem isn't keeping the track clean, it is the wheels on my K-Line locomotives. K-Line's MP-15 has trucks with zinc wheels, four plain and four with traction tires. Every three hours of running I have to take these locomotives off the track and clean the black gunk off the wheels. I do not have this problem with my ETS locomotives ( plated wheels ) or my MTH locomotives with knurled steel wheels. I don't put anything on my Gargraves track.

Is the black gunk from the traction tires? Could I tin plate the wheels? Any other ideas?

Thanks, Carl.