Re: Power/wiring

Michael Snyder

Hi Richard,
Perhaps you can assist me.  I also have an NCE Power Cab.  I just purchased a new DCC Bachmann locomotive and of course...can not get it to run.  I have 13.77vac at track.  A call to Bachmann yielded that they feel the decoder is not recognized by NCE, but the CV is 8.  I went through the rack programming and entered this #8 under CV with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Michael

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 7:09 PM Richard Gagnon via Groups.Io <richg_1998=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have the NCE Power Cab and have programmed different decoders.
Is the display on? I think it must be. The red LED also.
You said you are getting shorts so the display must go out and the cab resets and the display comes back on.
I normally use the program track option for programing.
I have done Digitrax, LokSound, SoundTraxx and QSI decoders. No problem.
Probably not important but I measure 13.6 vac across the rails on by Power Cab with my meter. Not all meters will show the same as it is RMS AC. Not pure sine wave. I have looked at it with a Scope.

Rich