Re: BD20

Jerry Michels

Don,

In you rpost you mention current leakage.  I think we see this on our layout when I check certain blocks with a LED tester we use to ensure correct phasing between blocks.  In some locations, If I check for proper phasing between blocks, when I connect opposite rails (e. g. block 1 rail A and block 2 rail B) I get the proper bright LED indication, but if I connect the same rails (rail A to rail B) I get a very faint glow. I take it that this is an indication of current leakage?  We are in a very dry environment, so moist ballast is not a concern, so perhaps debris working it way into gaps may be the problem, or gaps closing with temperature.  Interesting research project.

Thanks,

Jerry Michels
Amarillo Railroad Museum