Re: Forgive my ignorance! Am I creating several reverse loops on my proposed layout?

Don Vollrath

Wouter, I'm assuming that there are no crossover attachments between tracks except where there is an indicated turnout. [Exception - there is a 30 degree X in the tracks near the turntable.] All other 'intersections' in the sketch are at different vertical levels with no actual connections between tracks. I don't see any path selections that actually reverse the direction of train travel except for that one loop around the roundhouse. Putting insulating joiners or gaps at the three tracks leading upwards from that loop isolates them from the actual reversing loop. Complete the isolation of the loop at the first turnout going towards upper right.