Re: Reverse Loop Finder

Carl

Hi Gang:

Working on two layouts that are "around the room" style I like to pick a point in the center. The reversing loops are anywhere direction switches from CW to CCW. The HO layout I help with was figured differently, it started as a "dog bone" with two cross overs that reversed direction. Then they connected the ends of the "dog bone" forming a third reversing section. If we had wired it thinking from the center, only the "dog bone" loops would have been reversing.

Plus, you don't want a long train or two shorter trains crossing the gaps at the same time.

A couple of years ago this group was presented with a layout with reversing questions and from the center point worked for me.

Carl.

On 3/4/2019 4:02 PM, Tom G. via Groups.Io wrote:
David,

Thank you, I understand. I understand the reason the whole train (or at least all powered sections need to be on one side as well. Thank you!

Thanks.
Tom

On Mar 4, 2019, at 3:54 PM, David Klemm <davidklemm7511@...> wrote:

Tom,

Best to draw it out so you can see it. First yes you double gap both ends. If you draw the rails on paper with one being black and the other rail say red. When the red meets up with a black you have a short. Thus the need for a double gap. But an engine or lighted passenger car is not on one side and then magically on the other side of the gap. You have for a period of time one truck on one side and the other truck on the other side.

So you need a way to flip polarity very fast.

More complicated is if your reverse loop isn’t long enough. But that is for later after you get the above concept.

David Klemm
Xs Max