Re: Forgive my ignorance! Am I creating several reverse loops on my proposed layout?

Tom O Hara

Hi again,

I'm sorry, but the dash-i-ness (word?) of your lines makes it hard for me to tell what's happening at the left and center where the tracks come close together. Depending on what's happening at the center, you may have a reverse loop at the upper right as well. Sorry, I just can't see it well enough and will leave it to someone else.

....Tom

On Saturday, March 2, 2019, 9:13:49 AM MST, Tom O'Hara <tomohara314@...> wrote:

Sorry. My computer didn't pull up your picture, so you already did what I asked......Tom

On Saturday, March 2, 2019, 9:11:32 AM MST, Tom O'Hara <tomohara314@...> wrote:

Reverse loops can definitely be a problem, and I have seen reverse loops inside of reverse loops. Real problems! You'll probably solve this with auto-reversers, but you just have to make very certain that you aren't shorting between the rails. That means, in general, that you need your entire train inside the section that's reversing. There are exceptions, but it is a good rule to work with. It would help if you could publish a picture of your layout plan that some of us could study a bit.

.....Tom