Re: Older Shinohara 3 way turnout

Mark Cartwright <marcdecapri@...>

Ah ?
Jay....
I struggled with Shinohara Track from 1973 to 1982 in a #209 John Armstrong Track Plan.
I haven't got much nice to say about either one of them.
=====
After spending hundreds of hours with an NMRA Gauge, increasing the turnouts and radius from the given plan and soldering the entire layout....
I could not effectively run anything better than a Con For SW 1200 with no more than 5 cars behind it.
======
In 1982, I bought my first house on my first 30 year mortgage. I put that layout up in the attic by 1983, and left it there when I sold that house in 2003.
I did not allow myself to become infatuated with N Scale till 2012, in a whole other this time paid for basement with a house on top AFTER seeing a video on Kato Unitrack.
======
Maybe N Scale ain't so bad....I was considering going back to HO; and began to buy both including O Scale and even G.
======
It was not until 2014, when I even allowed myself to open up my N Scale Time Capsule from 1982.
By that time, I was well on my way to complete DCC with Sound.
:)) Mark

There might be a Shinohara 3 Way Turnout in that 1982 Drawer.
Do no harm.....
I would feel guilty if I sold it to anyone; but I may use it one day as a partial template.
====
There was a special 3 way electronic switching motor developed for it, in the yet to become Silicon Valley at the still up and running Train Store in Santa Clara in 1977. I may use it one day on a hand laid 3 way switch.