Re: Cleaners & Lubricants

emrldsky

How about more details about the vacuum car?

Peace,

Mike G.

On 2/20/2019 2:21 PM, Scott Kremer wrote:
i have found that the main problem is dust, even in a basement with finished floors and ceiling.  I was lucky enough to get one of the Korean Brass vacuum cars.  It is amazing.  Absolutely incredible how much dust it picks up even in one day.  I now use it and pull a CMX cleaner with mineral spirits in it.  I changed from isopropyl alcohol to mineral spirits after reading about polar and non polar materials and the experience of the La Mesa Club. The two cars seem to remove everything and leave the track clean and dry.  It takes about 25 minutes for me to clean the majority of the track this way and it seems to stay clean for a good period of time.  if I need a quick turn around I just run the vacuum.  When done I have absolutely no problems with track pick up.  The layout scenery is done and I run metal wheels on everything.  After years of trying various fluids for cleaning and coating track I now have a method that seems to work perfectly.

Scott Kremer

.