Re: DCC voltage on track

Tom Anderson

OK, I am beginning to isolate the problem. I disconnected the suspect power district from the PM42 and now I get a voltage reading on the remaining 3 (11.6 volts).

So, tomorrow I begin the search for the problem.

Just FYI, all switches are Peco Electrofrog and the switches do no power routing.

Thanks to all for the assist.

Tom

Tom Anderson

Business Information Systems, Inc.

P.O. Box 160396

Boiling Springs, SC  29316

(864) 621-8607

From: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io> On Behalf Of vincent marino
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:28 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] DCC voltage on track

That's a good question. I had the foresight to put all the turnouts (14 of them) on one power district. My shorts we're isolated to that district. Specifically I track powered each turnout, occasionally because of proximity 2 turnouts shared a powered rail joiner. All my frogs are powered and frankly that was the issue until I synced the engines. 

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019, 6:23 PM AD <bklyns_baseball_club@... wrote:

Do you power your tracks on the other side of the switch or do you depend on power being sent to sidings thru the switch

Tony

On Feb 16, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Tom Anderson <tanderson@...> wrote:

I am trying to trouble shoot what appears to be some wiring problems with my new layout.
I am using a Digitrax DCS-210 with a PM42. I have 4 sections wired. Also, have 4 6 port Frog Juicers connected.

Basically, the train runs just fine on the 2 main lines but stalls when trying to enter a siding off the main line.

In trying to fix this problem, I tried to read the track voltage with my multimeter. I am getting no voltage on any of the tracks. I checked the multimeter on other isolated AC sources and it reads just fine.

So what am I missing here? Stumped. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom Anderson

ExchangeDefender Message Security: Check Authenticity

Join w4dccqa@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.