Re: DCC voltage on track

vincent marino

That's a good question. I had the foresight to put all the turnouts (14 of them) on one power district. My shorts we're isolated to that district. Specifically I track powered each turnout, occasionally because of proximity 2 turnouts shared a powered rail joiner. All my frogs are powered and frankly that was the issue until I synced the engines.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019, 6:23 PM AD <bklyns_baseball_club@... wrote:
Do you power your tracks on the other side of the switch or do you depend on power being sent to sidings thru the switch

Tony

On Feb 16, 2019, at 4:06 PM, Tom Anderson <tanderson@...> wrote:

I am trying to trouble shoot what appears to be some wiring problems with my new layout.
I am using a Digitrax DCS-210 with a PM42. I have 4 sections wired. Also, have 4 6 port Frog Juicers connected.

Basically, the train runs just fine on the 2 main lines but stalls when trying to enter a siding off the main line.

In trying to fix this problem, I tried to read the track voltage with my multimeter. I am getting no voltage on any of the tracks. I checked the multimeter on other isolated AC sources and it reads just fine.

So what am I missing here? Stumped. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom Anderson