Re: New to DCC

redking56@...

Greg, if you are going to simply paint the basement walls, I recommend Drylok which I used with highly satisfactory results. It can be purchased at big box stores like Home Depot and Lowes.

I live in the Chicago area and my layout is in an unfinished basement which is heated and cooled along with the rest of the house. The foundation is poured concrete. Before building my layout, I painted the concrete walls throughout the entire basement. Any feeling of dampness is long gone, and the musty smell was eliminated for good once the walls were painted.

Rich