Re: New to DCC

Greg Smith

I would like to seal the basement walls but probably will not have the time to do the interior basement walls with anything but paint.  Because of my wife's allergies we will have to get the entire basement painted quickly so that it we can have the windows open for a big chunk of the summer to let the paint 'outgas', or whatever you call it.  We have a couple of areas that get damp when we have extensive rain - usually takes a week or more which is pretty rare around here.  Another reason to stick with just concrete paint.

With gobs of 12 gauge wire I can't justify buying something else for my power busses.  After the feeders are soldered on I intend to cover the solder splice with liquid rubber (not sure the actual name) that is sold in electronics supply shops.

Another question.  I like the look and feel of DPDT (center OFF) toggle switches to route power at turnouts in yard and industrial areas where I will be using caboose Industries ground throws.  I would like to use LEDs to indicate whether the straight or diverging route is powered.  Probably use green for the straight and red for the diverging route.  I used a similar setup with 60 year old red and green panel lights my Dad had scrounged in the layout I had 35 years ago.  Those lights would take way more power than necessary so I would like to switch this system to LEDs.  Do most LEDs have data on them that lets you know what size resistors are needed depending on the voltage?

Thanks
Greg