Re: New to DCC

Carl

Hello Greg:

I use strictly stranded wire. It is easier to bend and stays flexible. Also as a kid Dad wired my layout with then popular solid aluminum wire. It was very frustrating, the wire would break inside the insulation. Then I was faced with finding an open spot that I couldn't see.

One mentor taught me that all wire joints should be strong mechanically before they are soldered. Working on older control panels I can't tell you how often the open was a broken solder joint that had popped free.

Here is my contribution to model RR wiring:

https://www.instructables.com/id/Insulation-Displacement-Screw-Terminals/

I'll be presenting a wiring workshop in Salt Lake City this Summer if anyone in interested. ( Foam Rubber Scenery too! )

Carl.