Massoth has had good reviews here and there. For me, the deal breaker was that it is not a system that is supported by JMRI. If you plan to add a computer in the mix, cutting off that avenue before you even start seems a pity. Although JMRI is much used for train control, it is even more widely present (and as far as I know unparallelled) for decoder programming.

Most important of all: have fun!
Wouter

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 22:07, wirefordcc <bigboy@...> wrote:

Jeff,

Check out my website, WiringForDCC.com, and look for the section on DCC in the Garden.  http://www.wiringfordcc.com/garden.htm

Allan Gartner

Wiring For DCC

From: w4dccqa@groups.io <w4dccqa@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Nielsen
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 3:27 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] New to DCC

Thanks for all the great advice and information. I run G scale and my layout will be outside. I don't have it built yet as I moved a few years ago and everything is still in boxes. I'm ready to get it going again and have always wanted to try DCC. My layout will be pretty simple. Probably 10' X 20' with one main line and one or two sidings/branch runs but will expand it later. I'd like to run 2 or 3 trains for now. I haven't decided on DCC equipment yet. I've read about a lot of them. Massoth looks interesting to me but seems pricey. Since I'm still in the planning stages I thought this would be a good time to start exploring DCC but I'm finding there is a lot to learn. Thanks again for the advice and info. I will be looking at the presentations and continue researching but I have a feeling I will need to just jump in at some point...

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:59 AM Mark Gurries <gurriesm@...> wrote:

I have a series of DCC presentations that I have given around the country over the years at NMRA events.  There are 4 clinics at the bottom.  Basic DCC info, Wiring, Decoder Wiring and Decoder Programming.

On Jan 13, 2019, at 9:17 AM, Jeff Nielsen <jln319@...> wrote:

I’m new to DCC and need all the help I can get....

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries

Electrical Engineer