Re: Programming track "short" message on NCE Powercab

Richard Gagnon

I have the PC but used a short section of isolated track some years ago. Seemed logical for program track from all I have read in forums over the years and the manual.

Rich

On Friday, November 9, 2018, 8:38 AM, Nick Ostrosky <nick79ostr@...> wrote:

Using the NCE Powercab it was my understanding that your entire layout can be used as the programming track since NCE doesn't have separate programming track outputs.  However, when I attempt to use "Program Track" (vs. Program on Main") my cab gives me "Short Detected", and if I press enter it asks if I want to continue anyway.  I have no problem operating locomotives, and my entire layout is wired with circuit breakers and auto-reversers (one wye, one loop), none of which is showing a short or giving me any operating troubles.  Has anyone else run into this issue, and does anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting since there are no obvious indicators of a problem?  Thanks!