Programming track "short" message on NCE Powercab

Nick Ostrosky

Using the NCE Powercab it was my understanding that your entire layout can be used as the programming track since NCE doesn't have separate programming track outputs.  However, when I attempt to use "Program Track" (vs. Program on Main") my cab gives me "Short Detected", and if I press enter it asks if I want to continue anyway.  I have no problem operating locomotives, and my entire layout is wired with circuit breakers and auto-reversers (one wye, one loop), none of which is showing a short or giving me any operating troubles.  Has anyone else run into this issue, and does anyone have suggestions for troubleshooting since there are no obvious indicators of a problem?  Thanks!