Re: Wiring for a accessory bus.

Bill Wilken

While I did not use any decoders with my turnouts, my 30 or so turnouts are all powered by a small 5 volt transformer connected to a wiring terminal block.  It works very nicely.

On Oct 26, 2018, at 1:44 PM, maymeral.gordons via Groups.Io <maymeral.gordons@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m new to this forum so please be gentle with me.

I am from the UK and I’m in the process of wiring a layout which would be considered modest by US standard. When complete, I expect to be running with about 70 Tortoise point motors operated by an appropriate number of Switch 8 decoders.

It seems that the general opinion is that I should power these via a dedicated accessory bus and I can appreciate the logic in this.

However, with electronics not being my number 1 subject, I am at a bit of a loss as to what I need and how it should be assembles.

My operating system will be a Power Cab used as a simple throttle with Smart Booster.

The layout will be split into 4 separate power districts.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bob