Re: Hornby Pendolo digital

Howard Greenway

The DCC version of the Pendolino has a ‘special’ Hornby 7 pin decoder but it is not a very good performer. A picture of this plug in board would help. I don’t think a 7 pin blanking plug is available so it is most likely a decoder set to another address. Some-one with a decent DCC controller could read this value. I changed the chassis on mine to the DCC ready version which strangely comes with a conventional 8 pin socket and fitted a decent decoder.
Howard

On 4 Oct 2018, at 06:10, Richard Sutcliffe <ras1@...> wrote:

Thanks Theo

Kinda what I figured.

Guess we would have to hard wire - the 7 pin stock is not a recognized DCC configuration.

On Oct 3, 2018, at 1:25 AM, Theo van Riet <tvanriet@...> wrote:

Op 3 okt. 2018, om 07:04 heeft Richard Sutcliffe <ras1@...> het volgende geschreven:

When placed on a Digitrax programming track there no acknowledgement (na).
Looking inside there is a mother board with another board plugged into a 7 pin socket.

Am I right in assuming the second board, with a number of components, simply bridges the motor to the track?

The board, plugged in the 7pin socket has to be replaced by a decoder of his choice, then it will start reacting on digital signals.
This looks to me as an analog train, prepared for digital…

Theo

--
Greetings from the heath in the north of Belgium

Dick Sutcliffe

Secretary
Dewdney-Alouette Railway Society