Hornby Pendolo digital

Richard Sutcliffe

One of the new members of our club, recently from the UK, brought in a Hornby Pendolino set.
The packaging has reference to “Digital” & "NMRA Dcc” as well as NMRA compatible.

When placed on a Digitrax programming track there no acknowledgement (na).
Looking inside there is a mother board with another board plugged into a 7 pin socket.

Am I right in assuming the second board, with a number of components, simply bridges the motor to the track?

The unit does run on straight DC, but there is no response on DCC address 3, 1, 2, or 12.

Dick Sutcliffe
Secretary
Dewdney-Alouette Railway Society