Re: Wiring For DCC Update Announcement

wirefordcc

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the kind words.  And thanks for helping justify the time I spend doing this!  Now that I am retired, I'm getting to spend more time on my website.  Right now, I'm reading Digitrax and NCE manuals to get caught up with the world.

BTW everybody, we've all heard about the new Peco Unifrog turnouts.  I hear they are not in code 83 yet.  When they are, someone drop me a line or post here on this forum if you find out before I do.  I'll buy one right away and will post my findings on my website like I've done for the other Pecos.

I have a PM42 and used it for a long time before I bought a PSX-AR.  I bought the PSX-AR because I found the trip and release points of the PM42 tricky to set.  I could never seem to have something that always worked with all my sound equipped locomotives.

I've never loved the edge card connector. You need to add in the cost of the connector when you are figuring on using a PM42.  If you don't want wires yanking on the edge card connector, I went and ran wires from the edge card connector to a terminal strip where my track bus wires tied in.  You don't have to do this, but if you do, figure in the cost and the time to do this.

That being said, if you are using PM42s and they are working well for you, by all means, keep using them!

Allan Gartner
Wiring For DCC