Re: Advanced Consisting

Mark Gurries

Today I am not aware of any US name brand modern decoder that do not support CV19.   Back early days up to around 2005, some models of decoder did not support CV19.  MRC and Digitrax.  I suspect that same is true for some old European brands other than Lenz.

On Sep 6, 2018, at 9:35 AM, Don Vollrath <donevol43@...> wrote:

If you don't have info on a decoder in question... put the loco on the programming track, verify that you can read back the mfg and decoder ID. Then see if you can read CV19. If it comes back as a zero, chances are good it will respond to advanced consisting. If it comes back as a 255 or 'cannot read' there is no CV19 on that decoder and no advance consisting. Programming a short address number into CV19 should put into that particular consist. But if you are using NCE use their built-in easy to use advance consisting management features in the command station.

DonV

Best Regards,

Mark Gurries
Electrical Engineer