Re: NCE grounding

vincent marino

Bottom of both has a ground screw connect them to each other.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018, 2:39 PM Bob Macionis <macionis@...> wrote:
The command station has a 5 amp booster.  NCE says to run a ground between the command station and all boosters (connecting to a screw on the bottom of the box).  But what should I do with the ground wires coming from the 5 amp power sources needed for the 105 and command station?  This is not the 110volt plug wire.  From the power source there are 3 wires- two screw into the booster, plus there is a ground.  Does this ground need to be attached somewhere?  The pb5 with the built in power source has no ground wire, so I guess it just needs a wire connected to the 105 and command station.

From: Don Vollrath
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2018 12:29 PM
To: w4dccqa@groups.io
Subject: Re: [w4dccqa] NCE grounding

Bob,
You can verify if the actual ground prong on the 120Vac power plug is connected to the PB5 booster case or not with a simple ohmmeter check. Does the NCE command station also have an internal booster with a DCC track output? If so the case of that unit needs to be bonded to the cases of the PB105 and PB5.