Re: Dead track area dcc

Brad Ketchen <bketchen@...>

btw.. my system is NCE Power cab too. I've replaced all my old Shinohara turnouts and the newer Atlas as the points are too loose...I like to hand throw them as I have a switching layout. Lance Mindheim has a lot of knowledge about that. www.lancemindheim.com

Brad

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 2:31 PM, Brad Ketchen <bketchen@...> wrote:
Jim.. have you tried cleaning the track? I have a bright boy at the ready... could be something as simple as that! Just a suggestion.

Brad

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:43 AM, Jim Gray <n747jg@...> wrote:
Just a bit off of the subject, but I am just completing the wiring of a 30' x 20' HOn3 layout using Micro Engineering flex track and turnouts.   NCE power for DCC with PSX cbs and PSX-AR auto reversers for loops.    Everything is running pretty well, but on occasion my Blackstone locomotives will stall on a random turnout, especially when moving slowly.  And often will start moving again on their own after a brief stall.  I don’t think it’s a short even though it acts like it might be.   Frog polarity is correct, in conjunction with the tortoise, and works fine 95% of the time.

Any ideas what my issue might be?  Or is this just the nature of the beast?

Thanks!

Jim Gray
Denver, CO